Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My Immigration Pack help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShaunT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My Immigration Pack help
    Posted: 28 Sep 2011 at 11:15am
Hi all i'm after some more advice here.

I will be submitting an outland application and will be applying through the London office

There are a few things I am wondering what other people have done when applying.

Firstly it states my pack should be sent to my sponsor in a sealed envelope. Now does this mean my sponsor should not see the supporting documents I have enclosed and everything should be left inside my envelope when she submits the sponsorship application.

Secondly all the supporting documentation is relevant both ways. So IMM5540 Sponsor questionnaire asks at the end "On a seperate sheet of paper provide any additional details of your current relationship that you believe would help to prove your relationship is fenuine and continuing"

So should we duplicate what we have as supporting documentation or should we simply put a note saying that all of the documentation supporting our relationship has been supplied with the immigration application?

Thanks for your help

Shaun
dpenabill View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dpenabill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2011 at 1:25pm
I believe that most applicants (perhaps nearly all) for sponsored partner PR work together, either in person, by phone, or email, or even paper mail, to compile the application forms and supporting documentation. And indeed, a lot of information to be included in one form or to be submitted in support, is relevant to items in another form, including of course many items in those forms specifically for the sponsor calling for much the same information and supporting documentation as items in those forms specifically for the applicant (the sponsored person).

It is the sponsor, though, who is responsible for the total compilation of all forms and documentation, and who then submits the total package to CPC-M, so an applicant who is abroad sends all the applicant's forms and supporting documentation to the sponsor, who then compiles the total package for submission.

We did not duplicate supporting documentation. In some instances we did not even duplicate information provided in response to certain items (where a narrative response was appropriate -- if it was specific information, like dates or addresses, short answers, we duplicated the information), but rather made a reference to where that documentation or information was. We labelled every item we submitted in support, and grouped those items, so we could refer to specific photograhs on such-and-such a page of photographs, or refer to specific emails by email number such-and-such, and so on. In particular, for the item you specifically ask about, we (well, technically my wife, my sponsor, since it was her form -- though again, we prepared the forms working together) simply included a statement to the effect: "see this xx and that yyy and zzz," referring to specific groups of supporting documents and the narrative responses we compiled in response to similar question for the applicant.
Bureaucracy is what bureaucracy does, or When in doubt, follow the instructions. Otherwise, follow the instructions.

BTW: Not an expert, not a Can. lawyer, never worked in immigration
brar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2011 at 1:26pm
Packing your application in sealed envelope means that its easier for them to sort out the papers. It has nothing to do with implying that sponsor should not see the documents.
If you dont have additional details you dont need to attach anything.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic