Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Bit confused here, send all at once? or 2 parts?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bit confused here, send all at once? or 2 parts?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mapleleafs2012 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bit confused here, send all at once? or 2 parts?
    Posted: 27 Sep 2011 at 3:11am
Just a quick question.

I was following the "Guide to sponsorship" [IMM 3900] (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/3900ETOC.asp)

Up until Step 3 where it says "Pay the Fees"

Basically, at this point I haven't filled out any of the Applicant forms yet. Am I suppose to pay for the Sponsor + Principal Applicant + Right of Perminent residence fee now?

Once that's processed, my spouse would fill out the application forms, and then mail them in?

Sounds a bit dumb.. but it doesn't mention it too much :(

Thanks for the help in advance.

Edited by mapleleafs2012 - 27 Sep 2011 at 3:12am
Harmonia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harmonia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2011 at 10:53am
Best bet is to send everything at once if you can.  You need to send the sponsorship and the PR application together (including medicals and police certs).  The only thing I've really seen is people holding off on paying the RPRF until it gets requested -- but again, any time CIC needs to ask you to do something, it slows down the process.  If you're able to, pay it all up front.  That reduces changes of delays.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic