Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Visa / Temporary Entry Topics > Visit Visa
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Reentering Canada with Wife

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TexasinToronto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Reentering Canada with Wife
    Posted: 15 Sep 2011 at 11:00pm
Hi guys, have a bit of a situation here, and need your help. 

I'm from the US and last December moved to Toronto to be with my then girlfriend. I took my last trip back to the states and reentered in March, which means my tourist visa is about to be up. In July we got married and I'm pursuing Canadian PR, just waiting on my FBI check to come back and then I can apply. My wife and I are planning on going across the border at Niagara, and then coming back over. Is there any chance I'll be turned away and not able to come back in? I have no criminal record and we'll be carrying our passports, marriage certificate and a statement that shows that she is making enough to support both of us (I'm not working). Appreciate any responses, I've searched the forum but there are so many threads and I couldnt come up with one in a search that necessarily addressed my situation. Thanks!!
jogruni View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jogruni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2011 at 1:00pm
Processing time for sponsored PR unfortunately is about 20+ months right now.
Did you try the CIC call center or just go to a border crossing or airport and ask?
To be safe, your wife could ask at the airport.
TexasinToronto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TexasinToronto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2011 at 2:00pm
We're going to be submitting through buffalo where apparently the wait times are not quite as long. I didnt realize there was a CIC call center, I might try to ask through there. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic