Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

VALID PASSPORT

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shantese Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: VALID PASSPORT
    Posted: 14 Sep 2011 at 12:38pm
i got first stage approval and in the letter vegreville asked for a copy of my valid passport and also my native language why is this
shantese
Patience Tuesday View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patience Tuesday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2011 at 12:46pm
Hello!

Usually they ask for various things like a couple of immigration sized photos, or your height and eye colour.  This time it appears that they are asking for your native language.  Reason: unknown, but good news awaits they that follow the rules. 

Cheers!

-H

EDIT:  Oh dear.  I did not see "first stage approval".  Of that then I'm needing to ask whether you are the sponsor (so they know that you're in Canada legally, etc.) or the applicant (which they DO ask for passports here and there earlier on in the application for some nationals.)  Again, real reason unknown.

Please forgive my oversight.  I just woke up.  ^^

Edited by Patience Tuesday - 14 Sep 2011 at 12:48pm
shantese View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shantese Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2011 at 1:00pm
its ok i meant to write my partners passport am the sponsor when they asked for it they gave us 3months  to send the info we applied with an expired passport
shantese
Patience Tuesday View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patience Tuesday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2011 at 11:32pm
Ah-HA!  Thank you!  Yes, if we send in expired documents they do have the responsibility to ask for non expired ones.  That makes sense now!  YAY! 

I'd get that passport in as soon as humanly possible so they can proceed with your application.  We want the spouse to get their PR approval as soon as we can! 
shantese View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shantese Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2011 at 10:29am
sent it from the 26 0f august just waiting now hope they update the info soon
shantese
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic