Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Work permit while application in process

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote komodo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Work permit while application in process
    Posted: 11 Sep 2011 at 1:54pm
Hi guys,
I'm in the process of sponsoring my wife to come here (Outland, she's a Vietnamese living in the US right now). Just got the sponsorship approved a few days back. However, I'm thinking about applying for her work permit, so she can come and stay with me earlier while the application is in process. I just don't know if this will delay the whole process or not? Would this make our application "inland" and consequently take 2 yrs to get approved?
Has anyone here done this before? Could someone please share his/her experience for this case?

Really appreciate your help.
Regards,
Outland App for sponsoring wife:
Jul 05: App received
Sep 06: Sponsorship approved
waiting ...
scylla View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scylla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2011 at 2:37pm
No - applying for a work permit won't change her application to inland. It will still be outland.

However in order to apply for a work permit, she will first need an offer of employment from an employer in Canada. And before she can apply for a work permit, that employer will first have to apply for a labour market opinion and be approved.
Outland Spousal (Buffalo):
App recd: 05/28/2010
Sponsor approved: 06/28/2010
Processing started: 08/19/2010
Passport request: 10/01/2010
Landed: 10/05/2010
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic