Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Visa / Temporary Entry Topics > Visit Visa
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

visit visa for sister from pakistan

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ahmed1975 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: visit visa for sister from pakistan
    Posted: 17 Aug 2011 at 12:40am
Hi All,
I am a Pakistani living in Canada with my husband and son. I m PR. My hubby is citizen here. i moved here few months back. I want my sister to visit me here. she is unmarried and completed her studies. 

So, what i need to know is: in this case what type of documents must be provided to strengthen her case. and to increase the chances of getting visit visa?
what sort of bank statements from both sides r needed? and how much balance must be shown in that?
Do she also needs her bank statement in her name in pak?
Also any other advice will be appreciated.
anyother having same case, plz share ur experience.

Thanks in advance.

ahmed1975 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ahmed1975 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2011 at 1:28pm
anyone there to reply?
MajidS View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MajidS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2011 at 2:47pm
Sorry to say that to convince an officer to issue a visitor visa for a single, young lady who just completed her studies would be almost impossible.
She would have to show strong ties, which include, but are not limited to:

- Family back home (husband to go back to);
- Full time employment for a long term with a reputable company that issues a letter saying she is going on a short vacation;
- Home owned or mortgage history, car history, any other assets in the home country in her name;
- Full banking records back home;
- Travel history that shows she's been to other countries and had no problems with visas or overstays;
- Family history (you and your husband's) in Canada or elsewhere showing her family did not have any immigration issues in the past;

etc. etc .......

Edited by MajidS - 18 Aug 2011 at 2:49pm
ahmed1975 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ahmed1975 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2011 at 2:26pm
Originally posted by MajidS MajidS wrote:

Sorry to say that to convince an officer to issue a visitor visa for a single, young lady who just completed her studies would be almost impossible.
She would have to show strong ties, which include, but are not limited to:

- Family back home (husband to go back to);
- Full time employment for a long term with a reputable company that issues a letter saying she is going on a short vacation;
- Home owned or mortgage history, car history, any other assets in the home country in her name;
- Full banking records back home;
- Travel history that shows she's been to other countries and had no problems with visas or overstays;
- Family history (you and your husband's) in Canada or elsewhere showing her family did not have any immigration issues in the past;

etc. etc .......

ok i can understand.

what if my sister and my mother both apply for the visit visa. what are the chances of both of them ?
MajidS View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MajidS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2011 at 1:15pm
Both applications will be dealt with individually. I've heard of a friend apply for his mother and sister. Only the mother was approved and sister returned rejected.

Edited by MajidS - 23 Aug 2011 at 1:16pm
canvis2006 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canvis2006 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2011 at 1:33pm
It depends on a lot of factors. If the family is well-established in Pakistan it is not that hard to obtain visitor visas. It helps a lot if they have traveled to other countries before as well.
It is better if she applies alongwith her mom for the visa.

Good Luck, there is no harm in applying (other than lost fees if refused)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic