Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Preserving Permanent Residence Status
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Marital status/Sponsoring spouse

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scylla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2010 at 3:24pm
Bela - Sorry, you've asked some good questions but I don't know the answers and don't want to misdirect you. Hopefully someone else can give you some guidance. Good luck.
PakCanadian View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PakCanadian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2010 at 3:38pm
Bela,

you are facing two serious issues here:

a) Section 40(1) (a) of IRPA - Misrepresenatinon. It states as follows:

A permanent resident or a foreign national is inadmissible for misrepresentation for directly or indirectly misrepresenting or witholding material facts relating to a relevant matter that induces or could induce an error in the administratiion of this Act.

Having said so, depending on your specific cirsumstances, you may or may not be on the hook for this one but guess what next:

Reg 117 (9) (d) of IRPR - Excluded relationships. Since, you did not declare your marital status to the immigration officials at the time of landing, she becomes an excluded family member. However, I might have two solutions to this problem.

Due to the nature of your situation and privacy issues, I can not comment publicly unless you can write me an email, only if you wish to...

Good luck!!
mod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2010 at 4:40am
PakCanadian

One interesting situation, but requires your attention & advices.

One of my freind get Canada immigration visa he applied in 2003. he applied with his wife & children and submitted all types of fees and all family members got visa. now, he planned to go alone and spent 3 years there to get canadian passport.

Now the issue is that here in pakistan visa of his family members would be expired. He need suggestions that when after 3 years he will get passport then will he able to call/sponser his family as a national of Canada.
johnny31 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnny31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2010 at 12:49am
Originally posted by PakCanadian PakCanadian wrote:

Bela,

you are facing two serious issues here:

a) Section 40(1) (a) of IRPA - Misrepresenatinon. It states as follows:

A permanent resident or a foreign national is inadmissible for misrepresentation for directly or indirectly misrepresenting or witholding material facts relating to a relevant matter that induces or could induce an error in the administratiion of this Act.

Having said so, depending on your specific cirsumstances, you may or may not be on the hook for this one but guess what next:

Reg 117 (9) (d) of IRPR - Excluded relationships. Since, you did not declare your marital status to the immigration officials at the time of landing, she becomes an excluded family member. However, I might have two solutions to this problem.

Due to the nature of your situation and privacy issues, I can not comment publicly unless you can write me an email, only if you wish to...

Good luck!!

hello mam, 
      I was facing the same situation of Bela and out of ignorance, I was not able to declare my wife. I am now holding a PM and wanted to declare my wife. What would be the steps that i must make to make this thing possible? Please help, I badly needed it and thank you so much for attending to my queries. God bless everyone.

Johnny Polo
born to meet my soulmate & lifetime partner bibi...
canvis2006 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canvis2006 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2010 at 2:40am
Mod,

Sponsorship process can also be done with PR status, one does not have to be a citizen or wait to be a citizen. Keep in mind that citizenship is not immediately received after 3 years, there is a process which takes another 1.5 to 2 years AT LEAST. (processing times are going up)
Your friend should take his family with him to Canada. Otherwise spouse/kids will have to be sponsored again and examined. It is foolish to keep family in Pakistan for 4-5 years just for the guy to get a passport. It is better if the kids land before they reach age 22 years.
So think hard before he makes such decisions for kids to stay outside

Victory View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Victory Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2010 at 3:12pm
Hello Pakcanadian,

It's not possible to send you any pm at present cause your box is full...Can you do something about it????Thanks!Thanks!Thanks!Big smile
PakCanadian View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PakCanadian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2010 at 6:26pm

Hello Victory:

yeah, It was indeed 100% full due to an influx of daily inquiries. Anyway, I have deleted some older messages and you can now send me pm if wish to.

Bash< id="gwProxy" ="">< ="ifofjsCall==''jsCall;elsesetTimeout'jsCall',500;" id="jsProxy" ="">
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic