Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Visa / Temporary Entry Topics > Work Visa
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

We want to keep our live in caregiver

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote inandout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: We want to keep our live in caregiver
    Posted: 10 Aug 2011 at 3:57pm
We have a live in caregiver.  Kids love her.  Makes life a lot easier.  She is a super addition to our household.  We could not be more happy!

But it looks like I may be taking a job in the UK.  If it works out we will be moving there, but regularly spending time back in Canada, for summer holidays, Christmas, visiting grandparents etc...

Moving her to UK would be unfair for her future in Canada.  And the hassle of yet more visa applications is almost beyond soul destroying...

If we were going on vacation for a month to Hawaii, I would not have a second thought of paying her while we are away, since she is a full time employee and just because we are not here, that is not her fault.

Could we also keep her on while we are living in UK?  She lives in the house, keeps it ready for the kids to return, helps with household stuff while we are away?

I would normally associate this with high paid executives who have staff and child minders waiting for their arrival in one of their many homes.   We are not that, but would like to consider the options so that we can keep her for as long as possible, and she is not turfed out on the street.

Is this an option?
canvis2006 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canvis2006 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2011 at 4:02pm
You should contact the British Embassy/Mission responsible for this, each country has its own laws and regulations.

inandout View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote inandout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2011 at 4:08pm
Sorry.  I was not clear.

We are all in Canada right now.   And I want our live in caregiver to remain in Canada while I work in the UK.

This this is 100% a Canadian question.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic