Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Visa / Temporary Entry Topics > Study Visa
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Immigration while being a US student

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xenekaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Immigration while being a US student
    Posted: 03 Aug 2011 at 11:07pm
I am a 4th year international student in a US university. Will I be eligible for Canadian immigration now when I am still studying in US or after I do my Masters in Canada? How long does the immigration process take and what are the documents required?
madisonlilac28 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madisonlilac28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2011 at 12:26am
Its better to consult the embassy or the immigration office near you so that you will get the exact information you want or just ask an attorney that are expert in visa and immigration issue. And for the support just research online.  Good luck for your studies.

downsouth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote downsouth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2011 at 1:23pm
xenekaro, I think you should get your degree in your pocket before trying to apply. as in international student I believe that after graduation you have one year opt. you can use that to get experience in your field.  if you are trying to apply to Canada as a skilled worker. it also depends on your major.

if you come to canada for your masters, you can apply for PR after graduation and with a job offer.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic