Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Visa / Temporary Entry Topics > Study Visa
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Reg: Canadian Visa

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lekshmipiriya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Reg: Canadian Visa
    Posted: 31 Jul 2011 at 2:58am

Hi this is Lekshmi Piriya,

My husband is doing MBA in University Canada West, Vancouver.

I finished my B.Tech in IT by 2005. I worked in some companies for which I couldn’t get any experience letters. So I never mentioned these experiences in my previous Visa Applications.

I was working with HCL BPO Technologies Pvt Ltd and resigned the job as soon as my husband left India. I have 2years and 4 months of experience in HCL BPO as Customer Service Executive. From the month of November 2010 am working in M&S Steel Buildings as a Recruitment Consultant which I didn’t mention in the Student Visa.

My husband worked as a Supervisor for 3 years in M&S Steel Buildings. 

We got married 2 years back.

I applied for Visitor Visa by October 2010 and it got rejected.

We exactly showed $24,000 CAD which comes around Rs.10,50,000 while I applied for the Visitors VISA. Its my dad who sponsored 7 Lakhs and 3 Lakhs by my father-in-law and Rs.50,000 by my husband from Canada.

Rejection Reasons are:

• You have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident. In reaching this decision, I considered several factors, including:

1.      your travel history

2.      your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence

3.      your current employment situation

4.      your personal assets and financial status

• I am not satisfied based on documents available that there are sufficient funds, including income or assets, to carry out your stated purpose in going to Canada or to maintain yourself while in Canada and to effect your departure.

Again I applied for Student's Visa by July 2011 and that too got rejected.

I have got scored 6.5 in IELTS. I got admission for doing MBA in the same University in which husband is doing MBA. We paid our first term fee around $4347 CAD too. We got Rs.15 Lakhs loan in a Nationalized Bank (Central Bank of India) showing some properties in my name and my husband's name. We have shown funds in bank altogether Rs.11 Lakhs which are in my account, father-in-law's and my husband's account.

Rejected Reasons are:

• You have not satisfied me that you will leave Canada by the end of the period authorized for your stay because:

1.      you have not demonstrated that you or your parents have sufficient income and assets to justify your proposed studies.

2.      your proposed studies are not reasonable in light of one or more of: your qualifications, previous studies, employment, level of establishment, other educational opportunities available in India or Canada, language abilities, or your future prospects and plans.

I want to live with my husband. I don't know what to do. Please guide me in a right way so that I can come over to Canada and live with my husband. 

Thanks,

Lekshmi Piriya

Riddymon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riddymon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2011 at 3:42pm
Was just doing some research and conversion here.  1 Lakh = 100,000 rupees = $2200CAD..roughly

You said that you have shown funds in the bank for 11 Lakhs = 1,100,000 rupees = 25000CAD..roughly

Now correct me if I'm wrong but the rules for applying state that you need to have enough money to cover the cost of your tuition for a year plus 10,000 for room and board.  The amount of money that you've showed is JUST meeting that requirement. On top of that...you have a few factors working against you.

1) You've been rejected multiple times before, so you may be appearing that you just want to get into the country

2) Your husband is in the country, so it looks like you just want to move up there to be with him

3) They may be considering how much money the both of you would need to be support yourselves.

4) You haven't mentioned your new job so (for whatever reason) so it looks like you're currently unemployed so they may think that you do not have the money to pay for school.

5) Your country of origin. There are a LOT of Indian that live in or are trying to get to, Canada.

At this point. I would strongly consider that you work with an immigration lawyer.
madisonlilac28 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madisonlilac28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2011 at 5:24am
Originally posted by Riddymon Riddymon wrote:

Was just doing some research and conversion here.  1 Lakh = 100,000 rupees = $2200CAD..roughly

You said that you have shown funds in the bank for 11 Lakhs = 1,100,000 rupees = 25000CAD..roughly

Now correct me if I'm wrong but the rules for applying state that you need to have enough money to cover the cost of your tuition for a year plus 10,000 for room and board.  The amount of money that you've showed is JUST meeting that requirement. On top of that...you have a few factors working against you.

1) You've been rejected multiple times before, so you may be appearing that you just want to get into the country

2) Your husband is in the country, so it looks like you just want to move up there to be with him

3) They may be considering how much money the both of you would need to be support yourselves.

4) You haven't mentioned your new job so (for whatever reason) so it looks like you're currently unemployed so they may think that you do not have the money to pay for school.

5) Your country of origin. There are a LOT of Indian that live in or are trying to get to, Canada.

At this point. I would strongly consider that you work with an immigration lawyer.

Try to consult the embassy about your problem. They will provide you the right information that you need. Or try to consult an attorney that are expert in visa and immigration issue.

Edited by madisonlilac28 - 25 Aug 2011 at 12:45am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic