Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fee's??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meesha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fee's??
    Posted: 18 Jul 2011 at 8:27am
Right of Permanent Residence Fee??? Do I have to pay this along with the sponsorship application fee and principal applicant fee? Or is that something completely different?

Also...if I am applying "outland", which office would be processing my application? Mississauga or Buffalo? 

Thank you!
Application FINALLY sent out: July 21, 2011
Received 7/25
Patience Tuesday View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patience Tuesday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2011 at 8:57am
Hello, Meesha! 

The Right of Permanent Residence fee is applicable, yes.  All in all, you will want to send in $1040 total.  The choice is yours to either send it in all at once, thereby preventing further delay, or sending it in piecemeal if you don't have it all at once.  We sent it in as a lump sum, because we didn't want to wait on THAT TOO.  (We may have other delays in the application process.)

Your outland application will be SENT to CIC Mississauga, to be processed in Buffalo.   (If I recall correctly, you're US to Canada too, right?) All the packages from outland are sent to CIC=M for sponsor approval before going on to their respective processing units.  ^^

Best wishes!
Meesha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meesha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2011 at 9:05am
Ok, so on my application where it asks which visa office will be processing the application... Do I put Mississauga or Buffalo? Because I just called the oh-so-helpful Immigration call center ( haha ) and she yelled at me, saying that Mississauga isn't a case processing office, and that I should say "Buffalo"  on my app. I'm so confused. 
Received 7/25
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patience Tuesday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2011 at 9:15am
You wll want to write, Buffalo.  I apologize for not understanding the exact nature of your question, and I'm ever so sorry that you got someone a little more harried with the call centre.  
Meesha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meesha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2011 at 9:18am
Hahha nooo, thank you for your help!!!! It seems that the closer I get to finishing the application, the more confused I get!!! I'm almost done though! Kids physicals are tomorrow and the application is being sent on Thursday!!!! Then I'm having a few drinks and a good sleep :-)
Thanks again!
Received 7/25
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patience Tuesday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2011 at 9:30am
Muah!  Here's hoping you are able to have a quiet and restful nap there.  Again, best wishes!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic