Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canadian Employment / Jobs > Canada Job Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What do immigration attorneys actually do?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ria Despres Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What do immigration attorneys actually do?
    Posted: 16 Jul 2011 at 4:39am
I am planning on applying for law school soon, and I think I want to go into immigration law. The problem is, I have an idea in my head of what an immigration attorney does all day, but that might not necessarily be the reality of the job. Are there any immigration attorneys who can tell me how they spend their day?
georgecombey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote georgecombey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2011 at 9:13am
Hi there,

What I know is that immigration lawyer simply act as an intermediary, consultant, adviser, problem solver to an immigrant or traveler when they have issues on their travel/immigration documents Thumbs Up Not really much an answer but you can try querying this keywords "role of an immigration lawyer" on your favorite search engine.

George Combey
Looking for Passport Application Info
CanNed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CanNed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2013 at 10:38am
immigration lawyers fill in papers that you can fill in to when you take some time to read carefully where to put what. Every dishwasher with confidence can fill those papers in. The only thing you need help with is finding a job.
For instance... I have some people at the Dutch consulate who have a side-activity. They have a business where they match Dutch people to Canadian companies, using their consulate network. Because most jobs in Canada require a network. If you're not known to anyone in a company, they won't take the risk hiring you as foreigner. These lawers don't match you up with employers. They simply fill in papers that you can fill in too, and then asking a sh*tload of money that you could have saved by doing it yourself.

Going on a holiday to Canada with a box of resumes, meeting potential employers face to face would do a lot for solving the network problem. The paperwork is not a problem!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic