Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Can I go to CIC Etobicoke Office in person???

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote try_this Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Can I go to CIC Etobicoke Office in person???
    Posted: 12 Jan 2010 at 1:02pm

Hi all,

I have sponsored my husband and his application is under processing at Abu Dhabi. It has been 18 months in the process and i have no clue what they are doing with my file.

More details can be checked in my previous topic

http://immigration.ca/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=162&KW=do+now&title=what-should-i-do-now

Abu Dhabi says " the file is with CIC- Etobicoke for review" and they can't do anything until they get their reply.

CIC call center says " You were already approved as sponsor in June 2008 so our part is done and Abu Dhabi is holding the file", I tried calling CIC-Etobicoke Office and the IO started asking me

How you got my contact Number?

Who gave you my contact Number?

You should not be calling me , but should call the call center... which i did...

I have asked my MP to help me, but there is no response and it is about a month, No one is replying to my emails either?? what i am suppose to do??

Can i go to CIC-Etobicoke and someone will talk to me? My Case has already become complicated so i don't want any more issues..... This whole is driving me crazy, i can't think of anything else.. 24/7 our App is on my mind.. I am totally blind here. I need help plzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!!!!!

IslandGirl View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IslandGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2010 at 3:07pm
As you said in the post you referenced - it looks like they still have questions on your eligibility to sponsor
Chances of them seeing you at Etobicoke are slim at best, especially without an appointment and since you weren't asked for anything

Originally posted by try_this try_this wrote:

Hi all,

I have sponsored my husband and his application is under processing at Abu Dhabi. It has been 18 months in the process and i have no clue what they are doing with my file.

http://immigration.ca/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=162&KW=do+now&title=what-should-i-do-now

Abu Dhabi says " the file is with CIC- Etobicoke for review" and they can't do anything until they get their reply.

CIC call center says " You were already approved as sponsor in June 2008 so our part is done and Abu Dhabi is holding the file", I tried calling CIC-Etobicoke Office and the IO started asking me

You should not be calling me , but should call the call center... which i did...

I have asked my MP to help me, but there is no response and it is about a month, No one is replying to my emails either?? what i am suppose to do??

Can i go to CIC-Etobicoke and someone will talk to me? My Case has already become complicated so i don't want any more issues..... This whole is driving me crazy, i can't think of anything else.. 24/7 our App is on my mind.. I am totally blind here. I need help plzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!!!!!

Used to be known here as "feb7" - there's no doubt to my gender this way
My previous profile
Immigration Expert View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Immigration  Expert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2010 at 10:19am
Hi,

You may order your CAIPS notes to find out what is the reason for delay on your file or seek legal assistance.  18 months is a very long time even though the CIC has a concern regarding your sponsorship elegibility.

Good luck!

Originally posted by try_this try_this wrote:

Hi all,

Immigration Expert
http://bilyk.ca

DISCLAIMER
Posts on this forum are provided for information purposes only and in no way are intended as legal or immigration advice.
try_this View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote try_this Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2010 at 8:41am
Ok... So my MP gave me update yesterday that

CIC Etobicoke replied that file in currently in queue to be reviewed by the officer and there is no timeframe when it is going to be done!!!!!

So my query is what should I expect now? My file was transfered to Etobicoke in June 2009.
I don't know why they put my file in their normal queue, as my file is still with AbuDhabi and its only sent for review here and they put me in the queue with other Inland applications... WHY?????

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic