Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

"We're backlogged, let's cut!"

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patience Tuesday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "We're backlogged, let's cut!"
    Posted: 30 Jun 2011 at 1:01am
http://www.cicnews.com/2011/06/breaking-news-announced-canadian-immigration-programs-06988.html

It came out on June 26, 2011, apparently.  The Conservatives figured that they're pretty backlogged, so they will fix the issue by not accepting any further applications than they want to work over in a year. 
Niiiiiiiice.  Cutting costs and saving time at the expense of skilled class workers, but then I read that they are interested in 'reducing backlog for parents and grandparents'. 

I'm not comfortable with that lean.  What do you think?

Edit:  I can not again find out where the Conservatives were looking at parents and grandparents.  I apologize.  That particular comment is not in the information of the cicnews.com url, and I wish I knew where I saw it.

Edited by Patience Tuesday - 30 Jun 2011 at 1:08am
pmm View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2011 at 3:19pm
Hi

Originally posted by Patience Tuesday Patience Tuesday wrote:

http://www.cicnews.com/2011/06/breaking-news-announced-canadian-immigration-programs-06988.htmlIt came out on June 26, 2011, apparently.  The Conservatives figured that they're pretty backlogged, so they will fix the issue by not accepting any further applications than they want to work over in a year.  Niiiiiiiice.  Cutting costs and saving time at the expense of skilled class workers, but then I read that they are interested in 'reducing backlog for parents and grandparents'.  I'm not comfortable with that lean.  What do you think?Edit:  I can not again find out where the Conservatives were looking at parents and grandparents.  I apologize.  That particular comment is not in the information of the cicnews.com url, and I wish I knew where I saw it.

1. The no. of FSW1 applications were halfed, but there is no reduction in the no. of FSW2, nor PNP applications so I really don't understand your comments. The applications submitted after 28/11/08 are the priority and if there is any quota left, then only those submitted before 28/11/08 will be processed.
2. The report to parliament http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/publications/annual-report2010/section1.asp#part1_1 lowered the quota for parents/grandparents to 13K-17.5K from 15K-18K for 2011.
PMM
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic