Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Preserving Permanent Residence Status
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

going home without permanent card

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edralee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: going home without permanent card
    Posted: 12 Jun 2011 at 10:41pm
I have a question. my family and i arrived last may 18. i am the principal applicant. now, my stepdaughter wants to go home. can she go back to philippines without her pr card? and can we cancel her immigration status?
canvis2006 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canvis2006 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2011 at 12:30am
Yes she can go back anytime she wants.

No need to cancel her status, she may change her mind in the future, she can leave Canada, you could send her the card by courier.

See: www.cic.gc.ca for details
edralee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edralee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2011 at 1:39am
we want to cancel her visa. she doesnt want to go back anymore. how do we do dat?
edralee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edralee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2011 at 1:47am
we want to cancel her visa. she decided not to go back anymore. how do we do that?
Beaver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beaver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2011 at 7:31am
How old is she? 

You can just let the PR status expire on its own. This way you can keep her future options open. Explain to her the importance of not making any hasty emotional decisions, if ever she did so. She might regret the decision she made.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic