Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

how will it be a big issue?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: how will it be a big issue?
    Posted: 08 Jun 2011 at 8:14pm
the COPR i received has the wrong address, we were looking into gaining a position from an employer back in february but was not fulfilled due to my application's processing time.

we want a kingston address to replace what's on record. will calling the contact center help?

thanks

AB
NOV 18 10 - MEDICAL
DEC 06 10 - CPC-M
JAN 07 11 - DM: SPONSOR APPROVED
JAN 14 11 - CIC-AU
APR 05 11 - PC REQUEST
MAY 21 11 - PPR
JUN 08 11 - VISA, COPR
AUG 22 11 - LANDED
dpenabill View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dpenabill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2011 at 12:01am
If you have not landed yet you correct the address at the time you land. This is very common. (Did this myself.) Just be sure to do it when you land -- in my landing the officer nearly forgot to ask the few questions he was supposed to ask, and I brought up the address part right away . . . I do not recall clearly, but I somewhat recall that it called for correcting the address in handwriting on the CoPR form itself, so I may have done that even before I appeared at the POE. At the least, just be sure it is done at the time of landing.

Reason it is important: that is the address to which they send the PR card.

If you have already landed, contact CIC by telephone immediately and ask how to correct the address.
Bureaucracy is what bureaucracy does, or When in doubt, follow the instructions. Otherwise, follow the instructions.

BTW: Not an expert, not a Can. lawyer, never worked in immigration
adab View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2011 at 12:42am
whew.... thanks.... whata relief! it will be over a month before i land.
NOV 18 10 - MEDICAL
DEC 06 10 - CPC-M
JAN 07 11 - DM: SPONSOR APPROVED
JAN 14 11 - CIC-AU
APR 05 11 - PC REQUEST
MAY 21 11 - PPR
JUN 08 11 - VISA, COPR
AUG 22 11 - LANDED
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic