Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Preserving Permanent Residence Status
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Australian Police Clearance for Canadian PR

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fregrance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Australian Police Clearance for Canadian PR
    Posted: 06 Jun 2011 at 12:01am
Hi, I need to get Australian Police Clearance for applying Canadian Permanent Resident.

I checked the site of Australian Federal police, but I don't understand.
Do I need to do the fingerprints, and then send that to AFP?

How can I get fingerprints done in Toronto?

Also, in the PR application form, there are:
 "request for police certificates/clearances and authorization for release of information"
"Fingerprints request letter"

When do i need to use those letters?

Please help me !!
pmm View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2011 at 1:37am
Hi

Originally posted by fregrance fregrance wrote:

Hi, I need to get Australian Police Clearance for applying Canadian Permanent Resident.I checked the site of Australian Federal police, but I don't understand.Do I need to do the fingerprints, and then send that to AFP?How can I get fingerprints done in Toronto?Also, in the PR application form, there are: "request for police certificates/clearances and authorization for release of information""Fingerprints request letter"When do i need to use those letters?Please help me !!

1. You follow the instructions here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/asia-pacific/australia.asp
2. Look up fingerprinting service Toronto, the Corp of Commissionaires do them as well.
3. Did you read the visa specific check list for SE Asia? http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/3906e.pdf You don't require the letter, it is for countries that require the letter from CHC before they do a Criminal Records check i.e. Hong Kong. If you need one, i.e. lived in Hong Kong for 6 months, CHC will send you one.
PMM
fregrance View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fregrance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2011 at 10:00am
Thank you for the reply.
So I just go do my fingerprint in Toronto, then send that fingerprint paper, police check application form and ID with fee to Australia?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic