Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Visa / Temporary Entry Topics > Study Visa
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Study permit rejetced! plz help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smoky_181 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Study permit rejetced! plz help
    Posted: 21 May 2011 at 1:04am
hello ,
i recently applied for student visa under SPP for george brown college , Canada for studying culinary management ( a 2 yr diploma course) under SPP.
But i got rejetced . the Visa officer stated these reasons -
1.I am not convinced that ur going to leave canada after the stipulated time in light of ur studies , ur ties to ur country ... etc
2.u have not submited the required documents like ur degree in hotel management.

I am presently pursuing my 1 st year of a degree course in india in Hotel Management but i made a mistake of writing in the application that i have already completed it .(so reason 2 can be rectified)
But i dont know how to prove that i would be leaving the country(reason 1) upon completion of my course - although the chosen course is totally and logically connected to my career decision .
I have written an Statement of Purpose will that help for reason 1 ?
Please help !
smoky_181 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smoky_181 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2011 at 2:57am
Could someone please specify a path of action so that i can re-apply please !
pmm View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2011 at 11:28am
Hi

Originally posted by smoky_181 smoky_181 wrote:

Could someone please specify a path of action so that i can re-apply please !

You put yourself "between a rock and hard place" when you stated that you had a degree, when you didn't. CHC has a tendency to look at that as material misrepresentation. So it is quite likely if you re-apply stating you don't have the degree you claimed, it is going to be an almost automatic refusal. You have to show really firm times to your home country, job, family , property.
PMM
smoky_181 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smoky_181 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2011 at 8:14am
Thank you for your reply.
but i supplied them with a bonafide certificate that i was in the 1 st year of the present education that i am pursuing back home, even though i made i mistake by writing that i have finished my 3 years degree in india . Is that not a legitimate reason - that altho documents were submitted , the , I mis interpreted the form's question and made mistake .
Home ties - will a job offer letter , a conditional job offer letter stating that i have a job in india upon completion of the course . will that help ??
Property - is that only fixed assets or liquid finances will do ???

Please get back to me , thank you ??
Is it better to go thru a consusltant as because according to me they are just goin to put the papers into format and ask for a fees for that ? isnt it ?
thank you
PakCanadian View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PakCanadian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2011 at 7:57pm
smoky_181,

I wish you had discussed your entire application with an experienced, licensed, and knowledeable lawyer/consultant before submitting your application.

At this point, all it is left is to do damage control as all of the information has already been submitted with CIC.  If you are considering re-applying, like PMM has suggested, you are going to be very careful as you may caught by 2 years ban for misrepresentation and could jeopardize your future immigration prospects at risk as well.

If you want to discuss your case in private with me, you can contact me and set up a free skype meeting for 30 minutes.

Good luck!!

Bash
Certified Immigration Consultant

PakCanadian View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PakCanadian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2011 at 7:59pm
smoky_181,

We dont simply pay money to consultants/lawyers being a mail man but we pay them for their creative solutions based on facts of your case and the applicable law to resolve your immigration problems.

If you could find someone who could offer you the latter, it is worth spending every dime.

Bash

smoky_181 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smoky_181 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2011 at 9:36am
hey thank you for the advice .
okay . if you could tell me ur skype id please or mail it to my email id [email protected]
Kenjifujima View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kenjifujima Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2011 at 3:08am
Its so nice to see this good information in your post
jastinlockhart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jastinlockhart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2011 at 6:44pm
Maybe the immigration saw something strange to your papers. Ask a friend if he/she knows someone working at the immigration office. Maybe it can help.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In the Halls of Justice the only justice is in the halls. -Lenny Bruce
immigrationlawyersnow.org

In the Halls of Justice the only justice is in the halls. -Lenny Bruce
Immigration Attorney
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic