Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Visa / Temporary Entry Topics > Study Visa
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Extend my stay by 5 days?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote espen1812 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Extend my stay by 5 days?
    Posted: 07 May 2011 at 6:39pm
Hi! 
I am a Norwegian exchange student in Québec and i have a question about extending my stay by five days.
My visitor record expires june 30th, but my airline ticket that my norwegian organization bought me is for the 5th of july. 
I have tried to call about every governmental institution in Canada, but all I get is stupid machines giving me absolutely no relevant information. 

I don't want to break any laws that can ruining my chances of returning to Canada to study or work later in my life. It is not tempting to pay the 75dollars for an application for only - 5 - days..
Anyone here who can help me out?

I would really appreciate it!

Espen 
canvis2006 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canvis2006 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2011 at 1:54am
the only way to extend your stay is to apply for an extension of your status to CIC, there is no way to do this in person or over the phone.

It is done through mail only. Either apply for extension, or leave before the stay expiry date. (money will be spent in any situation, either on extension, or on the ticket)

You can call CIC at 1-888-242-2100 or check CIC website for applications and information www.cic.gc.ca
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic