Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Miscellaneous > Comments or Suggestions
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - USA waiver for people who left USA without reporti
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

USA waiver for people who left USA without reporti

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kamile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: USA waiver for people who left USA without reporti
    Posted: 28 Apr 2011 at 5:22pm
Hello Everyone,
I have a disturbing issue hope i will get some help here.
I have a friend of mine who used to be in the USA sometime back. He was there for 3 years and left voluntarily and came to canada. He has been in canada for 6 years and he will be applying for his citizenship in august of this year. However his brother in graduating this may and he was hoping to attend the graduation. He went to the USA visa consulate and they adviced him to go to the USA POE and report his depature and come with the letter to the consulate for the visa. He went back but they denied him visa. Earlier on before they sent hin to the POE he wanted to apply for a waiver but the officer asked him why he needs the waiver. He said he was advice to get on. ( he never had any criminal record in the US or Canada.) At the POE they asked him the same and for real he didn't know if he needs a waiver or not.

So my question is...if u leave USA voluntarily do you need a waiver to go back? If so how long does the waiver take. What do i need to know to help him out with the situation. Any input will be appriciated

Thanx, K
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic