Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Late Birth declarations..

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote racergurl55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Late Birth declarations..
    Posted: 05 Jan 2010 at 9:46am
Im wondering if any other offices, besides PAP make a big issue of a "late birth declaration" - translation: A birth that was registered and the birth certificate issued more then 3 months after the actual birth. This is something that is VERY common in the Dominican Republic.

We received an email from PAP stating that in order to finalize our file they require us to provide secondary documents of proof identity (that his identity has not yet been established) - that since my husband was born in 74 but only declared in 86, they require documents proving his identity that were issued prior to 86, namely - baptism certificate, hospital records or school diplomas or the documents that his parents used to register him in school. It also goes on to say - please note that we do not accept documents that are issued recently for the purpose of immigration, and while we dont require all of the documents listed above, we do require at least TWO.

Our dilema is: he was not baptized, his family home was destroyed by a tropical storm and therefor his mother has none of his school records or medical records, and his elementary school no longer exists, and even at that, they dont issue diplomas for primary school there!! We were able to get a certification from a school he attended for one year in 84 stating the was a student there and a report card they had on file - but that certification is dated now.

Has anyone experienced this with any other offices (I would love to hear of other experiences with PAP. but I know that we are few and far between on this forum)...

Could this actually result in a refusal? Anyoneeee!?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic