Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Visa / Temporary Entry Topics > Visit Visa
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

TRP please help

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bamboo forest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2010 at 10:45am
well what should i do now and which is better for me. applying for a temporary resident visa and when refused for trpermit.or directly for temporary resident permit?
and what docs i need for trp
job_seeker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote job_seeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2010 at 2:29pm
Originally posted by bamboo forest bamboo forest wrote:

well what should i do now and which is better for me. applying for a temporary resident visa and when refused for trpermit.or directly for temporary resident permit?and what docs i need for trp

Why not apply for a TRV first. Then you'll know by how the visa officers will respond to your application, if and when you get a negative response. When refused, you'll know how to explain later why you're applying for a TRP.
IslandGirl View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IslandGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2010 at 5:00pm
Because, as I said above - I'm almost certain, and the CIC manual seems to suggest, that you can't even apply for a TRP UNTIL you've been denied a visa going the "regular" route.
As in - it's not up to you to make a decision about the visitor visa and just decide that you aren't going to get it, bypass it entirely & go straight to the TRP

Originally posted by bamboo forest bamboo forest wrote:

thanks, but why should i pay for TRV when i know i will be refused. -->The fee for processing your form is not refundable, so make sure you are eligible to get a Temporary Resident Visa before you apply" cic
Used to be known here as "feb7" - there's no doubt to my gender this way
My previous profile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic