Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

USA family immigration

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stuartw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: USA family immigration
    Posted: 16 Mar 2011 at 12:55am

So my wife and 3 kids from the USA...

-first arrived Jan 2010

-filed PR Sept 2010

-study permits for kids Feb 2011

-pulling hair out EVERY DAY!

permanent residence - filed ( WAITING AND WAITING)

Visitor record documents - Acquired! 

Children study permits - Acquired and the kids are in schoooooool! FINALLY! what a load of nonsense trying to get that!

frustration level - SOOOOOO HIGH@!

I just have so much frustration about how long things are taking. I am trying to raise a family, we all speak english and have work skills and all the crap we have to go through and waiting and waiting with my family's life in the air just waiting on someone to put a checkmark on a piece of paper.

9 month wait time!!!! give me a brreeeeeeaaaaaak!!!! then only to have to wait another 9 freaking months for them to look at everything.

Struggling month after month to support my family when my wife wants so much to work or go to school so we can do important things like.... hmmm buying a house maybe? or how about raising productive members of society to enrich MY country?Angry

AngryAngryAngryAngryAngry 

dpenabill View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dpenabill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2011 at 1:54am
The thing I think many overlook is that Americans are foreign nationals in Canada. They get processed like any other foreign national. They have no more rights in Canada than a foreign national from Libya or Singapore or Somalia. (American foreign nationals are visa-exempt, but that is about visiting, not living in Canada, not attending school in Canada, and it is not a "right.")

If the three children were born to a Canadian citizen, that is different. Otherwise, they too are foreign nationals.
Bureaucracy is what bureaucracy does, or When in doubt, follow the instructions. Otherwise, follow the instructions.

BTW: Not an expert, not a Can. lawyer, never worked in immigration
scylla View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scylla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2011 at 6:59am
Also, this should have been an outland application rather than inland. If an outland application had been filed, it's very possible it would have been finalized by now.

If the person sponsored is American, it's almost always better to file outland. But what's done is done...
Outland Spousal (Buffalo):
App recd: 05/28/2010
Sponsor approved: 06/28/2010
Processing started: 08/19/2010
Passport request: 10/01/2010
Landed: 10/05/2010
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic