Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Visa / Temporary Entry Topics > Work Visa
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Getting work visa for the time my spouse is studyi
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Getting work visa for the time my spouse is studyi

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sanpo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Getting work visa for the time my spouse is studyi
    Posted: 02 Jan 2010 at 12:28am
Hi my spouse is a student in Canada and i want to live with her, She is on Student visa from Poland and i am in India . I want to get work visa for the time she is studying there in Canada to live with her.

job_seeker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote job_seeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2010 at 2:59am
Originally posted by sanpo sanpo wrote:

Hi my spouse is a student in Canada and i want to live with her, She is on Student visa from Poland and i am in India . I want to get work visa for the time she is studying there in Canada to live with her.

You can apply for a TRV, attach a copy of your spouse' student permit.

sanpo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sanpo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2010 at 4:33am
what do you mean by TRV ?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote job_seeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2010 at 4:35am

what do you mean by TRV ?

Temporary Residence Visa
sanpo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sanpo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2010 at 3:39pm
will that allow me to legally work for the time i stay their ? 

I want to work to support myself and her in whatever she needs to complete her studies.

Edited by sanpo - 02 Jan 2010 at 3:42pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote job_seeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2010 at 9:29pm

will that allow me to legally work for the time i stay their ? 
I want to work to support myself and her in whatever she needs to complete her studies.

Spouses of full time students can apply for OWPs so yes you can legally work for the duration of your allowed stay. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/5269E.PDF p.9
sanpo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sanpo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2010 at 9:53pm
Thank you so much...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic