Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Visa / Temporary Entry Topics > Visit Visa
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What do we do?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote britincanada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2010 at 1:05pm
Harmonia: WOW thats a story...I hope your friend does the right thing and doesnt sponsor his wife! But gets a divorce instead... Even if he applied to sponsor I think the IO would save him some heartache and trouble by declining her PR anyway! 
App received by CPC-M 1/06/10
Sponsorship approved 29/06/10
In Process 15/07/2010
VISA & PP Recvd 22/09/10
LANDED 29/09/10
ELIGIBLE TO BECOME CITIZEN 4/11/2012
Harmonia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harmonia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2010 at 1:59pm
Brit -  I agree... I would be extremely surprised if an I/O actually let his case go through.  There are just too many unanswered questions, and not enough proof of legitimacy.  I emailed him today to see what's happened - because I'm curious.

Sad thing is that my buddy is a lonely man with a heart of gold.  He's constantly finding himself in situations where people take advangtage of him.  A part of me wonders if he was just looking for someone because he doesn't want to be alone -- and he chose to find a wife in China because he has some idealized vision of what a Chinese wife would bring to a marriage.

He's no saint, but he's not an evil guy.  He's caring, and loving, but really a throwback from an earlier age where men are the dominant breadwinners, and women play a more submissive role in the marriage.  He's been hurt by so many 'americanized' women (meaning girls who have minds of their own) that I think he might have been looking for a lady that would be the perfect housewife, as well as life-partner. 

God only knows what's happened to him... if I get more info I will post
Citizenship App Sent: December 2012
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic