Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Skilled Worker / Independent Immigration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

PR Card

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote airian4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PR Card
    Posted: 08 Feb 2011 at 2:13am
Dear All,

I've applied for the canadian immigration in YR 2009, I received my immigration visa in 2010 Apr'10.  I did my post landing formalities along with my Wife and Son in Oct'10.  I received the PR card for me and my Wife, but did not receive the PR card for my Son who is 1 yr old, when I contacted CIC, they told me that the photo of my son is not up to the specification.  The fact is that all three of us took the pic from the same photographer and it was with the same specification, but the issue is only with my son's pic.  They told me that I will be receiving the communication somewhere in Feb'11 about the action needs to be taken

Can any one guide me on this if that have gone through the same situation/scenario.  Currently I am out of Canada and if they ask me to come personally it will be somewhat difficult.  Appreciate your thoughts/Comments.

Warm Regards,
A
canvis2006 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canvis2006 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2011 at 8:51pm
PR Cards are not mailed outside Canada by CIC.

In order to return to Canada, your son would need a PR travel document, you can apply for it @ nearest Canadian Visa office.

Keep in mind the residency obligations of PR status.
FishBurger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FishBurger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2011 at 10:45pm
airian,
Same thing happened with my brother as well. He beleives that they do it as a sanity for cheats who does the landing and take off. So inorder to protect Canada from frauds and cheats who does the landing and ont stay here, they do that. Its not a difficult procedure as long as you are in Canada.
Posted = 20th April 2010
Sidney Rcvd = 22nd April 2010
C C Charged = 6th July 2010
File No Rcvd = 20th July 2010
Additional Docs sent = Oct 3rd 2010
2nd File number = 24th feb 2011
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic