Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Islamabad - Applying for parents/brother

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote torontob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2011 at 11:35am
Yeah, I did talk to the agent and she said that the message simply means that it's in queue now even though it says, "the file has been forwarded to the embassy nearest to your relative". 

When I talked to the agent she said I have to wait 40-41 months without looking at the file and told me the announcement message is not really what it says. I made her look into the file and she said the same thing again. So, I still find it strange but I shall wait another 5 or so months as she said that I will personally receive the application to forward to my relative.

Was that your case as well? Did you receive the application to forward to your relative? Because I see you mentioned that your relative received a family tree. Was that before or after they received the main application?

Thanks

Edited by torontob - 08 Feb 2011 at 11:37am
shahzadgf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shahzadgf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2011 at 11:49am
when did you file your case in canada to sponsor
torontob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote torontob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2011 at 12:01pm
Sorry, I missed your earlier comment of, "I received from CIC Mississauga". I guess that is how it's done.

Mine was sent in May 2008.

Did you have to keep your financial status (jobs, extra or less income) reported over time? The agent told me I must do that when there is a change. I gained more income over years and changed jobs but not reported. I guess they will ask for statements come the 40 or 41 months?! Is that what happened to you?
Aleez View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aleez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2011 at 11:11am
hi torontob i want to call my parents for a visit bcuz my wife  is expecting. can u guide me in this reference? what are the requirements? where to apply?
Regards,
Aleez
Allah hum sub ki Duain Qabool Fermai (aameen)
torontob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote torontob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2011 at 9:26pm
Sorry, none of my family members ever tried that. I guess your mom needs to prove her ties to her home country before the visa officer can start speculating to grant her a visa or not. There are lots of rules to this. I suggest you read info on the forum.
hailian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hailian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2011 at 11:25am

I applied for my mom and younger bro in August 2006 and now finally their application has been transferred to Visa section from immigration section. My mom just had her 2nd medical done this week so lets see how this goes. But meanwhile my mother has visited Canada twice in 2007 and 2009 on visitor visa. on both occasion she successfully got the visitor visa in 3 weeks after applying.

If somebody need any help please write me at "[email protected]"

thanks

Saqib

--mom
August 2006
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic