Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Skilled Worker / Independent Immigration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Second Citizenship Judge Interview

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Second Citizenship Judge Interview
    Posted: 15 Jan 2011 at 6:44pm
I landed in 2002 with my wife and 4 children. We took up residence in Montreal and bought a house in the West Island. I established a consulting company and it has been active since then. I have filed personal as well as corporate taxes every year since then as well.

Throughout this period my 4 children went to school/College in Montreal and two of them actually finished their University studies and graduated. In 2007 All my family members became Canadians. In 2008 I was called for interview with a Citizenship judge. I did the Citizenship test and met with a Citizenship Judge. I received an RQ. I filled the RQ and submitted it within 30 days. I have now ( nearly 3 years later !!! ) been called for a second interview. My questions are:

1. I have not resided in Canada since 2008 since my wife and little child have moved to our country as my father in law is in his 90s and my wife looks after him. Does this impact my immigration status ?

2. What could be the need for this interview ? Did CIC not have enough information to process my original application based on the RQ I have submitted ?

3. Will I need to take the Citizenship test again ?

Appreciate all help and answers from knowledgeable people ...
Bash
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic