Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Preserving Permanent Residence Status
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

can i cancel my wife permanent resident card?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PakCanadian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2011 at 9:33pm
aqua08,

It depends which family members she is eligible to sponsor like parents.  If she wishes to sponsor her new spouse, it will be a hard sell to CIC and most likely be refused. 

Edited by Emad - 15 Jan 2011 at 9:07am
aqua08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aqua08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2011 at 11:29am
but she will use  my surname then? if she use it, she cant get my her parents?thank you for the reply...
scylla View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scylla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2011 at 4:11pm
Yes - she can sponsor her parents.

It doesn't matter if she uses your surname or not. She will be responsible for supporting her parents - not you.
Outland Spousal (Buffalo):
App recd: 05/28/2010
Sponsor approved: 06/28/2010
Processing started: 08/19/2010
Passport request: 10/01/2010
Landed: 10/05/2010
lonely_wife View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lonely_wife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2011 at 12:01am
Feel bad about what happened for you. It is opposite of whats happening for me. It was my sponsor (husband) who lied to me. when i got here in Canada, only to found out he had another woman and had a daughter after we got married, And then we moved on and then only last month i found out he still have sexual relationship with that woman. Really feel me bad and he used to beat me up (4times), now the cops involved and charge him assault. i dont really know what to do. I cannot leave him, i have 2daughters with him and i've been here for 17 months. Now he is on restrainig order..., Really confused!!!!
shampy2009 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shampy2009 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2011 at 1:54pm
Hello Aqua08 and Lonely_Wife

I understand where are you guys coming from.. Aqua08, I know if you will go for Legal Aid services, then your wife have to change her last name within a specific timeframe. I know one of my friend who got divorced and was using spouse last name and got sh*t from legal aid services.

Lonely_Wife, I would say also you need to move on... Sometime if you keep distance its always good for healthy relationship.

Nothing personal but just a thought, If you go back to your home country for a while if you can afford it probably he will be back on right track..

One of my aunt had same sort of issue, but when I told her to leave your husband with kids he will come back to you.. and you know what, that tricked worked out really well.

Edited by shampy2009 - 07 Jan 2011 at 1:57pm
lonely_wife View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lonely_wife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2011 at 1:32am
I am from the Philippines.., How can i go back to my home country, i cannot bring my daughters without his consent??? If i will get custody, its a long process. Cannot afford right now. Thank you for the idea, maybe its the best.!
aqua08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aqua08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2011 at 12:33am
thank you for all your comment, yeah, so she can just change her  name right away? just go to legal aid serivce? i hope so, i dont want her to use my name anymore, @lonely wife, your status? if he's hurting you, there's no reason for you stay with him.tha'ts not appropriate for him to hit u.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic