Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Peru timelines and immigration

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote getmarried Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2014 at 7:14pm
Hello Melanie ,

How did it go with your husband's interview ?

Can you please post some information here about it so we can gain from your husband´s experience.

How is your file going ?

when is your husband coming to canada ?

I hope all is well.
melaniemezones View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melaniemezones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2014 at 8:13pm
Hi!

His interview went well, mostly they just asked questions about his previous marriage. He was married when he was 18 and they divorced a few years later. None of the questions were about the validity of our marriage, we've been together for 8 years so it's pretty obvious that we are a real couple. Since then, it hasn't budged. I've contacted the embassy not too long ago and they tell me that the file is still "under evaluation" and to wait until they contact us. It will be 3 months since the interview in about a week. So we are now at 15 months processing, the medicals have expired (confirmed on GMCS notes). So i ended up ordering the GMCS notes in early December and i just received it a week ago, from what i see the interview did in fact go very well and they were happy with his answers. The GMCS notes show that the Eligibility is "in process" and that the criminal and security are still at "not started". It seems like we might have to wait a while longer. It's very difficult because we can't afford for me to fly out and see him that often, i just can't wait for it to be all over. 

I'm just wondering how long it can take after a interview for them to finalize an application, this just seems way too long. It's making us really nervous...
getmarried View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote getmarried Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2014 at 7:14pm
Hi melanie ,

Any updates ? I wonder why it has taken 15 months before they even start the criminal and security checks. Good luck and keep us posted.
getmarried View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote getmarried Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2014 at 7:35pm
bump
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
  Share Topic