Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Refugee Claim to Spousal Sponsorship

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harrmx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Refugee Claim to Spousal Sponsorship
    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 at 3:16am
Summary

1. I have a Refugee Claimant status in Canada
  • applied in February 2019, 8 months ago

• court hearing is in 2 months, January 2020
2. My refugee claim will most likely be rejected because:
  • I do not have proper (in fact, any) evidence supporting the claims I made on the application

• I have a French passport (father’s nationality) and Philippine passport (mother’s nationality)

• I am facing some life threatening dangers in the Philippines, but not France
3. I am married to a PR in Canada since March 2019, 7 months ago
  • we do not have any proof of us dating back in 2017 as we both got new phones, phone numbers, everything was deleted/lost

• we have proof only starting from November 2018, 11 months ago, 4 months before marriage, 3 months before I filed refugee application (photos, marriage photos, bills, rental leases, joint bank accounts, hospital photos, etc.)

• we do not have many friends who could write a letter confirming that our marriage is genuine, maybe 2-3

• we do not have a child, not planning to have one

• we love each other very much and our marriage is completely and undoubtedly honesty
4. My wife and I are thinking of proceeding with the inland spousal sponsorship right now as we doubt the refugee claim will be accepted
  • the reason I applied for refugee claim first instead of spousal sponsorship is because my wife and I did not have the funds to pay for the application form and other fees

• financial situation has improved finally and we are able to pay
Questions:
  1. Does my spousal sponsorship have a chance of being accepted as the lawyer I consulted with says the timeline of marriage and filing refugee claim seems suspicious?

2. Is it possible to have 2 applications at the same time (refugee and spousal)?

3. If my refugee claim will be rejected after court hearing, in 2 months, will I be able to appeal and buy myself some time while my inland spousal sponsorship is in process? Will I be able to stay in Canada while waiting for a response for spousal sponsorship?

Please let me know what you guys think. Your advice will be very very appreciated and valued!
Thank you guys!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic