Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Preserving Permanent Residence Status
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Returning to Canada and Regarding daughter's visa
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Returning to Canada and Regarding daughter's visa

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bhagyeshsoni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Returning to Canada and Regarding daughter's visa
    Posted: 16 Dec 2010 at 12:38pm

I went to canada on 3rd August 2006. My wife and sone came to Canada in 9th November, 2008. Due to some family emergency I had to return to my native country on 3rd August, 2008. I sent my son on 15th June, 2008.
After Returning my to home country my daughter was born on 2nd October, 2008.

I am planning to return to Canada.

My PR is valid till August 2011, and My wife and son´s visa is valid till Nov. 2011.

Here is the calculation of days for me,my wife and son.

Me

My wife

Son

Arrival

08/02/2006

11/09/2006

11/09/2006

Depart

08/03/2008

08/03/2008

06/15/2008

No. Days

Condition Days

Today days remained

I wish that makes things more clear to understand. Now can you please let me know
1.) wheter I am eligible to re-enter or not.
2) When can my wife and son can come at the most?
3.) I also want my daugher to come alongwith them when they come to Canada. Is it okay to apply for visitor visa formy daughter so that she can acoompny my wife and son and then I can apply for her PR after she reaches to Canada or I have apply for her sponsorship once I be back to Canada?
4)Is there any kind of queries raised by the immigration officer at the Canadian Airport since I have spent longer time in my Home country and returning to Canada.
5) What are the basic requirement to sponsor my daughter,and how long does it take to process?

I would be thankful to you If I can get reply for this queries.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Harmonia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harmonia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2010 at 2:45pm
The calculation for preserving your PR status is having 730 days in the last 5 years.

It looks to me like you shouldn't have a problem meeting the residency requirement... providing you enter canada before August 2012.

When you say 'visa' regarding your wife and son - do you mean PR?  or some other kind of visa?

Just remember - to keep PR status, you need to have 730 days IN CANADA in the 5 years immediately preceeding the time you re-apply for a new PR card.

When crossing the border with your exisitng card, you should have no problems providing you are able to meet the residency obligation.  Even your wife & son -- if the 'visa' you speak of is really a PR card --- even though they haven't met 730 days in Canada, they have until the expiry date of their PR card to get to 730 days (in total) IN CANADA.  

RE: your daughter.  When you applied for your PR, did you list her as being a non-accompanying family member?

Citizenship App Sent: December 2012
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic