Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Canadian Citizenship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Move to a different province after test and RQ

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote larryhui2010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Move to a different province after test and RQ
    Posted: 13 Dec 2010 at 6:23pm
Dear Friends on this forum,
I have a very difficult decision to make now, I hope someone can help me out.  The company I worked for just offered me a promotion but it requires me to move to another province begging January next year.  I need to make up my mind whether to take this offer.

Here is my situation right now, I did my citizenship test in June/2010, and submitted my RQ and supporting documents on the test day, have been waiting 6 months since. Firstly If I moved to a new province, will they transfer my file to the my new local CIC office or not?   Secondly, what do I need to do in order to get my file transferred, contact the new local office or the previous CIC local office if I did make the move?  Third, will the new CIC office consider that I have already waited 6 months after the test, or they will simply put me at the end of the line?

Thanks a lot, please input your suggestions, I really need to make up my mind soon. 

canvis2006 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canvis2006 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2010 at 11:43pm
You can move and notify CIC of the address change. I doubt if they will transfer your file because of the RQ.
Can't you fly for oath? It sucks but it would be better than causing a delay specially after that wait
Bohlen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bohlen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2010 at 12:24am
Hi,

First let me assure you that RQ is to insure that you satisfy the residence requirement. So as far as you really fulfil the 1095 physical days presence you shouldn't worry a lot about the delay.
How long it takes ... luckily weeks or bad luck two years.

If I were you I would make a change of address based on whether the new office is faster than the current one.

Good luck.

albela View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote albela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2010 at 12:27am
What's the local office where you got the RQ?
Dio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2010 at 4:08pm
larryhui2010. 

My situation is somewhat similar to yours. I applied for citizenship in Mississauga in 2009 and I got an RQ. In 2010 I moved to BC, but as my file has already in process and transferred to Mississauga office, I called CIC center to ask what shall I do. They advised me to update my address and send a letter to Mississauga office asking them not to transfer my file to my new residence town.
Best to phone CIC centre and ask them. The agents are helpful.
saannto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saannto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2010 at 4:12pm
It would be better to fly for Oath (as long as you have made 1095 days)...
could you please share your experience on RQ? what sort of questions you got?
it will be helpful for us..

Good Luck
larryhui2010 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote larryhui2010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2010 at 4:27pm
hi, canvis2006

so CIC will not transfer my file because they haven't review my RQ documents?  I dont mind to fly back for oath, but if they ask me for an interview, then I have to fly back two times for interview and oath. 
larryhui2010 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote larryhui2010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2010 at 4:31pm
 i am in surrey right now , will be going to Toronto if I decide to move

the RQ I got is a standard form called residence questionnair, basically u have to list all activities for the last 5 years, and info about your family members.  work or study records, bills, anything u can prove u actually live in canada
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic