Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Need any assistance please

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote messenger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need any assistance please
    Posted: 01 Dec 2010 at 11:16am

Hi all. 

This is my first post here and I took the liberty to ask some questions

Please excuse any errors in my message

I am a male 55 years old Canadian citizen and I live in Greece for the past 20 years. I have been separated from my wife and since te past two (2) years I have a new mate who is a woman much younger than me. She is from another country (near mine) and the circumstances do not allow us to be together due to our two countries been involved into a dispute and she cannot get a permanent visa to live with me here in Greece. I surely do not want to live in her country also. My divorce papers from my ex-wife will be submitted in February 2011 because of my country's divorce law and it will be done under the automatic divorce law but it will take 8-12 months to be granted.

My new mate and I have managed to live together only for some periods of time either here in Greece or in her country. We are very much in love with each other and we cannot see ourselves in any other way. 

Because of recent political and economy issues of the crisis here in south east Europe and also because of my ex-wife’s constant persecution on us, we have decided to move to Canada and I am thinking to re establish my life in Alberta.

I have downloaded all necessary sponsorship form for both of us and I have understood the way to fill them up and the procedure of CIC

What I need from anyone who would probably assist here is to clarify to me if the "Conjugal Partner" status is the one for us and if I will need to wait until my divorce application goes through in February to submit it with my application to CIC.  

I will be applying from Out of Canada so up to this point I am very confused as to what to do.

Please please please give us some help and we will be obliged for life

Best regards

Edited by messenger - 02 Dec 2010 at 4:39am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic