Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Express Entry Immigration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Working in between IEC expires & ITA

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karolala Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Working in between IEC expires & ITA
    Posted: 12 Jul 2019 at 11:21am
Hi,

I am applying right now for PR but I already know that it will be a long process for me.

I am from Germany and I am here on a Working Holiday Visa which expires August 28th. Because of my points I know already that I won't get an invitation within the next 6 weeks to apply for the Bridging Open Work Permit.

Does anyone know if there is an opportunity how I can stay for at least a couple more months and go on working during this time? Meanwhile I would try to increase my points and hopefully get my invitation soon.

I heard there is an opportunity to apply for an extension of my current visa/work permit. There is no reason why they would accept it but as long as the decision is in progress I can stay and go on working. That's what I heard. But I can't find any information about this.

Does anyone has experience with this and knows if it is an opportunity for me and hopefully also knows how this works?

I am also thankful for any other advice.

Thank you.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic