Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Preserving Permanent Residence Status
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

expired pr card

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote expiredprcanada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: expired pr card
    Posted: 03 Mar 2019 at 8:14pm
Hi All,

My entire family moved to Canada in 2002 (Landing Papers) and were permanent residents. I was there till 2006 studying and worked for a short while. 

My Dad had a small company overseas and was working there, he had a heart attack and underwent a quintuple bypass in 2005 and we all returned back to support him financially, physically and emotionally. 

We still had a house in Canada and planned on returning as soon as possible. I joined his company while my sisters and brother got jobs elsewhere. Being as we can not reside in the country we are currently in without a Work Visa. 

Unfortunately due to the market hitting a recession in 2007, financially our situation worsened over the years. Our company was not able to pay the fees to renew the license in 2012 and they issued a travel ban on us as well as would not allow us to renew our visas to stay in the country. By this time we had sold our house in Canada as we could not afford to continue paying the mortgage there. There are no bankruptcy laws in this country. 

My passport expired in 2015 and was not able to renew it here due to a rule of not having a visa in the country which the embassies follow quite strictly. 

My Father passed away in 2017 and in late 2018 I was granted clemency for an expired visa and passport and was able to renew my passport and gain a visit visa status. This is not considered a criminal record. It happens quite a lot in this country where peoples visa expire and they overstay. 

I would like to know what is the possibility of my return back to Canada? The whole family had gone under his sponsorship and we had received our PR cards as well while there and stayed there for quite a while but due to the circumstances we all returned back to help our Dad. 

Financially I am not stable but would like to return there to work and finish my education. 

Expired PR card looking to return back to Canada after many years. Continue to live there while working and studying. We still have our Landing Papers. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic