Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Canadian Citizenship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Assylum for a complex issue

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jay185 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Assylum for a complex issue
    Posted: 26 Feb 2019 at 2:34pm
Hi all, good day.

This is a question i have regarding asylum.

I have a complex situation, in a few months i will be homeless due to mistreatment in my own country. I will inevitably die on the streets due to various issues, namely my health problems.

I want to firstly say i am not very streetwise but hopefully someone can offer me some advice or get me on the right path. Please bare with me.

My home country is a European country, the current government is hugely problematic, I am physically ill, cognitive decline and various other health problems. I cannot work nor function well.

The government is not giving me any financial help even though i am sick, it is telling me i am fit for work when i am not, yet they want me to pay council tax etc while this is all happening.

The government here is trying to force sick and disabled people into work, many have died because of this, the government is telling everyone how great a job they are doing.

In other words my money is slowly running down until i have nothing left. Right now i am spending the last of my money on medication to keep me afloat, meds i can only get abroad.

The system is corrupt to the point even doctors are told by government to stop giving out doctors notes, the assessment for capability to work is designed to make you fail.

For example i tell them that i can barely cook my own food, clean my house, even shave my face; however people with evidence are being turned away. It is disgraceful.

My question is what do I do? Should i try to claim asylum in Canada (or elsewhere)? Would it be a dead end? Is it a good idea to try claim assylum in the country where i get my meds?

I am not looking for sympathy, just for answers, even the United Nations has visited my country and is aware of the problems, it just seems like nothing is being done about it.

I am not expecting much, just seeing what is out there. Apologies if this is in the wrong place, I hope someone here will be able to help me find a way forward.

Thank you kindly.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic