Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Canadian Citizenship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

"More Information Letter"

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pbenedict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "More Information Letter"
    Posted: 13 Oct 2010 at 1:04am

I was asked to provide more information for my citizenship application in March 2010. Does anyone know how long it takes then to read it? I called Citizenship,and it is only referenced as being received in mid April.

I submitted my application in August 2008. Why do they take so long?

Thanks.
canvis2006 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canvis2006 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2010 at 3:10am
Can you please share your timeline? And which local CIC office are you dealing with? Have you written the test already?

It should not take that long for routine applications, sharing your complete timeline would make it easier to understand.
Did you apply with at least 1095 days of physical residency?

What does your eCAS (online status) indicate?

pbenedict View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pbenedict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2010 at 4:39am
Hello,

I submitted my application in August 2008 to the Victoria office. It was transferred to Prince George In November 2008. I received the request for more information in March 2010. I sent it in on the first week of April.

I have been a permanent resident since 1967.

I have not written the test yet.

The website states that my application is in process. It also states that they sent me the aforementioned request.

Thanks

Edited by pbenedict - 13 Oct 2010 at 4:41am
vbpatel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vbpatel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2010 at 9:34pm
since 1967?

Originally posted by pbenedict pbenedict wrote:

Hello,

I submitted my application in August 2008 to the Victoria office. It was transferred to Prince George In November 2008. I received the request for more information in March 2010. I sent it in on the first week of April.

I have been a permanent resident since 1967.

I have not written the test yet.

The website states that my application is in process. It also states that they sent me the aforementioned request.

Thanks
pbenedict View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pbenedict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2010 at 11:36pm
Yes, 1967.

Why are you asking?
ahmar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ahmar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2010 at 1:36am
Originally posted by pbenedict pbenedict wrote:

Yes, 1967.

Why are you asking?

pbenedict,

That's also surprised me too that you almost spent 50% of your life in Canada since landing in1967 so what was you age when you came to this land of opportunity? How did you miss those golden days to get your citizenship without any effort.

This may be a good question for CIC.

ThanksSmile
December 2009 applicant
dpenabill View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dpenabill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2010 at 5:17am
I have a friend . . . well, an acquaintance who is now the partner of a friend . . . who has been a PR in Canada for three and a half decades, who has been living in Canada full time, making only short, occasional trips abroad, mostly to the U.S., secondly to specific holiday destinations, and not very often at all to his home country. He is a well-educated professional, has managed his own business in Canada, with several employees in his employ, for decades. Why he has not become a citizen is simply a matter of his own time and effort management. Only recently has he wrestled with making the application due to increased paperwork for his occasional travel to the States (if he flies, he has to participate in the program the U.S. recently implemented requiring advance authorization from anyone who is not a Canadian or U.S. citizen). It's a personal choice.

Early on it may have had to do with the impact on his citizenship in his home country (Canada used to require new citizens to disavow or abandon any other citizenship), and like many people, once settled he did not pay much attention to the law changing and then the decades slipped by.

I know my choice. I will make my application soon, very soon, after I become first eligible.
Bureaucracy is what bureaucracy does, or When in doubt, follow the instructions. Otherwise, follow the instructions.

BTW: Not an expert, not a Can. lawyer, never worked in immigration
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic