Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Urgent Need Help!! Request for Open Work Permit
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Urgent Need Help!! Request for Open Work Permit

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jennlv1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Urgent Need Help!! Request for Open Work Permit
    Posted: 12 Oct 2010 at 7:22pm
Hi there,

I currently have an inland pr application in process for my husband (he is from the US).

We have been requested to send in some documents and I will be including the application for his open work permit (to be processed once first stage approval is granted) as it was not included in the original application.

We need help here! We check off that my husband is applying for the initial work permit however I am a bit confused to what to enter in the other sections - or if I need to fill in the other sections. For example. The column "My Request" - it basically gives 3 options, extend stay, extend stay of family members or change conditions. None of these really apply to us.

Do we also have to fill out the amount my husband has to support himself while here (he currently is being supported by myself)

What about the criminal background info? They are already in receipt of all of this information - clearances etc.

Also - do I have to send in supporting documentation, such as marriage certificate?? I am just reviewing the document checklist. CIC is in receipt of most of these documents from us already. It does not seem to apply to what we are looking for. Am I even filling out the right form????

Please help!! We are hoping to send out this application first thing tomorrow morning by registered mail!!!

Thanks much in advance.

Jenn :)

Edited by jennlv1980 - 12 Oct 2010 at 7:29pm
matthewc View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matthewc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2010 at 7:58pm
Send everything the WP application asks for, even if you've sent it before, including proof of financial support, photocopies of his passport etc. The application needs to be self-contained.

Under my request tick "change conditions" - he wants to change from being a visitor to a worker. Write that he wants to remain in Canada while his inland PR application is processed, and work one first stage approval is reached.
e-CAS Tracker - Get notified when your e-CAS changes
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic