Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

"Previous medical reports" needed for medical

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alannewman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "Previous medical reports" needed for medical
    Posted: 11 Oct 2010 at 10:24pm
My fiancee is in Japan (Japanese) and she is going to undergo her medical examination for Family class sponsorship.  According to IMM 3993 she has to bring "Previous medical reports, prescriptions or treatments".  We are having a tough time getting medical reports from previous clinics and no one seems to know what form the documents should be in.  I would guess the reports would be either a photocopy of the doctor's notes or a letter from the doctor saying when she visited the clinic, and what the diagnosis and treatments were.  However, the clinics seems confused and we want to make sure everything in order.

I emailed the Tokyo embassy and got nowhere...

So, what is the correct format and content of the "previous medical reports"? 

Thanks!
valy79 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valy79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2010 at 11:58pm
Well, I did not bring anything to the Medical and that was apparently fine. Did you phone the DMP yet? I would advise you to do so, and the DMP can tell you if she needs that at all and if yes, in what format it should be.
When I made my appointment, the DMP's secretary sent me an e-mail with everything I needed to bring (and that was not on it).

I think this is really only applicable if your fiancee is under current treatment for some type of "serious" medical condition or if she has had serious health issues (thinking of Diabetes, heart problems, TB etc). I highly doubt that an average person will need "previous medical reports".

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic