Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Inland Sponsorship Timelines and TRV Enquiry

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yach28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Inland Sponsorship Timelines and TRV Enquiry
    Posted: 08 Feb 2019 at 12:31pm

Hi there all, 

I hope you can help me with my query below. 

My husband submitted my sponsorship on 26 Sept 2018, and I have done my medicals in December which has been submitted with no issue. I am waiting for my eligibility check to be completed. My Temporary Resident Visa or Visitor Visa expires in June 2019, and I am currently living with my husband in Canada. 

Do I need to extend my TRV if the sponsorship will only be done (according to CIC timelines) in Sept 2019 and if so, how do I go about it? 

Thanks so much, 
Yachna
Alien View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2019 at 5:39pm
You should extend your stay . It’s not recommended to stay without any valid status until you receive your PR.
yach28 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yach28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2019 at 5:41pm
Thanks I've submitted for my OWP as well and extension of my visa just in case. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic