Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Visa / Temporary Entry Topics > Visit Visa
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

visit or sponsorship

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peterjcd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: visit or sponsorship
    Posted: 04 Oct 2010 at 3:24am
My wife and I got married 1 year ago. I am a Canadian citizen (for 35 years) and have been a teacher in Canada for 20 + years. She is from Thailand, but not coming from a wealthy background (father is farmer). She is 31, a legitimate tour guide, but cannot declare employment as the companies she works for are working "illegally"! She is a freelancer, working for several companies and has done so for the last 4 years. There is no question she is who she is. I have known her for 4 years, have met the people she works for, went to the association's office,... I have travelled to Thailand in the last 4 years on a 6 months in basis and then back to work, using leave of absences granted by my employer.

I have no intention to stay in Canada and retire to Thailand when I turn 50 (I am 49). I have no intention to have her stay in Canada and she does not either. We bought a car together a year ago in Thailand. I lived in her apartment when I visited here for the last 3 years. We have no children together. I have a condo in Canada and other stuff that I will dispose off since I plan to retire to Thailand! I am not too sure what she should have in her bank account for a 2.5 months visit? Of course, she would have insurance and such.  She has travelled for work two years ago to Singapore once! She has no other traveling record other than that. We plan to buy a ticket and show immigration, but understand that the crooks could use that as a trick, so that is not going to help all that much. Still, we will do. What would be the right course of action to take here? I am sure some of the officers might think the worst, but we both have no criminal records. I have visited her parents family, but at the request of the dad have hold off with the ceremony. I must say that I was a bit reluctant considering my parents have never met her.

The logical plan would be to have her visit me (for the 1st time) not sponsor her to be consistent with the intent. Do I need to write a letter to "guarantee" anything?

How can we ensure that there will be no rejection?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic