Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canadian Employment / Jobs > Canada Job Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Civil Engineering Jobs around Toronto Area

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KSAPR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Civil Engineering Jobs around Toronto Area
    Posted: 30 Sep 2010 at 4:19am

Dear All Members,

I am Civil/Structural Engineer with BS and MS from USA with experience in Singapore and Dubai. I will be soon moving to Toronto. Based on your experience and present job situation, can you please advise how hard or easy will it be for me to get a Job in my field. I also intend to apply for PE also.

Kind Regards,

KSAPR
ajgodinho View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ajgodinho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2010 at 1:47am
Originally posted by KSAPR KSAPR wrote:

Dear All Members,

I am Civil/Structural Engineer with BS and MS from USA with experience in Singapore and Dubai. I will be soon moving to Toronto. Based on your experience and present job situation, can you please advise how hard or easy will it be for me to get a Job in my field. I also intend to apply for PE also.

Kind Regards,

KSAPR

Hi KSAPR,

I haven't been much in the forums here lately so I'm not sure if this response is too late for you or not, but I thought I'd respond to you anyway...

I'm no expert in the engineering field, but from what you've listed in your post above, I think you do stand a good chance in the field here in Canada given that you've got BS and MS from the US.

Having said so, what I would suggest you do is check the certification requirement for jobs in your field which are regulated (certification required) occupations here in Canada.

I pulled out a report on Civil Engineers which will help determine what the certification requirements are. Also, the report lists a whole host of other relevant information. You can check other jobs within the engineering field as well.

In this Newcomer's Checklist, you will find important information on what you need to do once you arrive in Canada (including how to go about evaluating your professional credentials, if required).

Hope this helps...wishing you the best!

Cheers,

Edited by ajgodinho - 04 Nov 2010 at 1:49am
KSAPR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KSAPR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2010 at 4:35am
Hello Ajgodinho,

Really appreciate your time, suggestions and valuable advice. I am really encouraged by your response.

Yes I am aware of the certification process and it is a MUST to have a PE in my field of engineering to better market myself in the present tight job oppurtunities. I indent to take my PE and also PMP once I arrive in Canada next month.

Cheers and have a nice day.

Thanks again,

SR

ajgodinho View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ajgodinho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2010 at 5:25pm
You're welcome SR!

It's good to see that you're solidifying your prospects by pursuing the field further. It will only help you going forward and I'm sure you'll do well.

You may also want to be member of Professional Engineers Ontario (if you're not already). They have a member forum section as well which you may benefit from.

All the best to you!
KSAPR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KSAPR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2010 at 4:00am
Hello Ajgodinho!

My sincere thanks again for your honest and valuable suggestions.

Have a great day every day ! Tongue

Kind Reagrds,

SR
ajgodinho View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ajgodinho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2010 at 2:50pm
Hi SR, you're welcome...wishing you the best
You have a great day and weekend too!
Cheers,
AJ Tongue
civilengineergroup View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote civilengineergroup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2011 at 10:04am
Pls go to www.civilengineergroup.com u will find a good jobs for u ~
hrcanada1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hrcanada1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2011 at 3:39am
Dear friends please review the source, I find the source online only for you.

Looking at this : http://www.simplyhired.ca/a/jobs/list/q-civil+engineer/l-toronto,+on
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic