Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Miscellaneous > Comments or Suggestions
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - READ BEFORE POSTING: Comments & Suggestions Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

READ BEFORE POSTING: Comments & Suggestions Forum

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don Pierre de Plume Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2010 at 6:56am
Originally posted by immigrationconsultan immigrationconsultan wrote:

Dom Pierre
Where did this couple marry ... if they married in china when they married they would've made a copy of his passport i suggest going to the place where they married and asking if they have a record of there marriage

They married in Chongqing. She already went to the registry office, but for some reason (unknown to me) they would not, or could not provide her with a copy.

dpenabill View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dpenabill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2012 at 10:48pm
Please note: A warning will not always precede an action to block (as best we can) spam or abusive posting. Blatant spam or abusive posting is subject to summary action to protect the site without warning.

A warning is not a threat. It is a courtesy, and an opportunity to continue participating so long as the participation is appropriate.

There are only two options available after receiving a warning: participate appropriately or cease to participate.

I do not personally read all the forums at this site, so I cannot say that all spam or abusive posts will be promptly addressed. We do our best to protect the site. We hope participants here value these forums sufficiently to support this effort. Thank you.
Bureaucracy is what bureaucracy does, or When in doubt, follow the instructions. Otherwise, follow the instructions.

BTW: Not an expert, not a Can. lawyer, never worked in immigration
dpenabill View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dpenabill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2013 at 4:41pm

Note: because this site is almost constantly under attack from spam, I will not, because I cannot, make any attempt to judge the merits of posts which consist of little more than links to other sites . . . with some obvious exceptions (in addition to those I just don't happen to notice) for links to primary sources, like a CIC webpage for example (although it would be preferred if there was some explanation or description accompanying the link, not just a bare link).

In just the last three weeks, for example, I have made efforts to summarily block scores of "members" along with deleting and hiding, literally, hundreds of spam topics and posts, for which I have no automated tools, and which is thus a labour-intensive, time-consuming effort for me.

I don't have time to sort through these, or to issue warnings, so I summarily delete, hide, and block spam, without regard to the content of the post otherwise. I suspect this has included, on some occasions, posts by immigration consultants (perhaps even legitimate consultants), but again I do not have the time to screen spam based on content (a post which consists essentially of advertising or a link to a proprietary site is, of course, spam).

For those who are contributing members of this site, please help me in this regard . . . the site is rather liberal in what linking is allowed, so I don't think anyone should be confused about this or unreasonably restrained by this approach.

I would note, for example, that a common approach to spamming this site is to couch links in what might appear to be relevant content for the site. Again, if the post is clearly about advertising or linking, I will not attempt to judge the merits but will summarily delete or hide (and, in 9 out of 10 times, perhaps 99 out of 100, I also suspend the account and attempt to block that individual from making any other posts -- no warnings, I just do it).

Bureaucracy is what bureaucracy does, or When in doubt, follow the instructions. Otherwise, follow the instructions.

BTW: Not an expert, not a Can. lawyer, never worked in immigration
ski View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2014 at 3:53am
New moderator needed

Since this is the only visible post apart from spam in this forum at this moment, I will take the liberty to repost what I posted earlier:

dpenabill is not doing his job any longer.

did not show up for 5 days, forum flooded with spam.

please appoint a new moderator.

suggestions: Eileen or kisunja85

Thank you.
Harrikon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harrikon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2015 at 5:09am
Way too many spammers on the citizenship forum. Can you please do something about it? There are at least 2 spam posts per day!
ski View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2015 at 3:59pm
Unfortunately several dozen spam bots register every day and post just one message, so every one has to be deleted manually.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic