Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Vegreville, sponsorship or first stage approval?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Vegreville, sponsorship or first stage approval?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fanadian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Vegreville, sponsorship or first stage approval?
    Posted: 14 Dec 2009 at 11:13am
Hey
I would really like to know if people applying through Vegreville (inland applicants) have received a separate letter regarding their inland sponsorship approval or if the letters that some of you talk about is about the PR first stage approval? We've been thinking that we would get some kind of information concerning first the sponsorship part of the application but today we called the CIC call centre and they said No, you will not receive any information until the first stage approval of the PR application has been finished. So in other words there's no way of finding out if my spouse's sponsorship application has been denied or approved until in 5/6 months when they send the answer regarding my part of the application?
This seems odd. Some people have been talking about getting their client IDs by inquiring from the call centre but they didn't give anything to us and it's been almost two months since we mailed and they signed our application in Vegreville. Oh what a headache....

I would greatly appreciate if someone knew an answer to this based on their own experience because I don't know what information is correct anymore and I don't really want to waste my time by checking the mailbox constantly if there's 3/4 months of waiting ahead.
Thank you!
Fanadian
etoile42 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote etoile42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2009 at 12:42pm
Hi,

I am sponsoring my husband for PR from within Canada. I sent in the application on May 28th. It's was received by them on June 1st, and I was, just last week, able to log on. My husband was finally given a Client ID number last week. I have not received anything in the mail as of yet, but am really hoping to soon. So if it's anything like mine, then it will still be awhile yet.

Hang in there!
sponge362 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sponge362 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2009 at 1:46pm
They did not send us anything on our Inland application for almost 6 months, but then it happened very fast.  We send the package on November 8 and we received first stage approval at the end of May, and my wife was granted PR on July 2.
Fanadian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fanadian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2009 at 3:02pm
Thank you so much for your replies. I appreciate your help a lot. Ok, so I can stop panicking at least for now.
One more question though if anyone knows the answer. I'm currently on an open work permit that expires in the spring. I didn't attach a new work permit application into the PR package because I thought we should wait until we hear from them. Well seems like I was wrong and I've been told that the best thing is to send one ASAP and try to get them to attach it to the PR package. Has anyone tried to send their application before the processing has started but after sending the main application? What would you apply for in this case as the options are applying for an initial work permit or extension of a current work permit. I'm not applying for my first work permit but the one I have right now is non renewable. In other words neither one of the options seems right. Any ideas or previous experience?
Thanks again and best of luck to all of you in the same situation.

Fanadian
etoile42 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote etoile42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2009 at 4:15pm
Using this form, 'Application to change conditions, extend stay or remain in Canada' choose the Box 'C'. In that box, you can check off to extend your work permit.

Although we originally added my husbands open work permit to the application, I did have to send some paperwork in as an after thought. Since then it has all been received. We sent it to the same office, with a letter inside, stating when the PR application was received, who signed for it. The name of the sponsor, the one being sponsored, birth dates, address, phone number. Just any information I thought they would need if they needed to look us up on a system. It seemed to have worked, since my husband called them and they said they had all the documents they needed.

Good luck!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic