Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How to Update Your File?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abstractioness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2010 at 5:37pm
We haven't sent our application yet. The dilemma is that we want to submit OSAP as evidence of how he's supporting himself along with his part-time job (since he doesn't make much money), but we won't get the loan confirmation until after my FBI certificate has expired, i.e. all we can do is say that he *will* be getting OSAP, because we can't delay the application.

The trip reference was because we're going on a cruise with his family over Christmas, and we could submit tickets/photos from that.
audball View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote audball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2010 at 6:52pm
So long as he isn't on social assistance or bankrupt, the income part won't matter. And you'll know about his portion as soon as you find out about the sponsorship portion, which happens first. So I would not bother sending more about his income, if he's approved to sponsor you don't have to worry about anything.

the trip pictures would be a nice touch if you aren't approved by Christmas though.
abstractioness View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abstractioness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2010 at 7:59pm
Yeah, that's what I keep hearing, that income doesn't matter, but they always add "as long as we're satisfied he can provide for your basic necessities" -- well, the amount he makes is pretty miniscule and he doesn't get money from any relatives (he's been living off savings). No chance of social assistance but I still worry about that caveat of "as long as..."
audball View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote audball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2010 at 8:12pm
Mmm, the only issue is that you'll find out in 30-45 days about the sponsorship, and I do not think CIC-M takes into account late information. They go based on what you submit.

So what he sends in will be what is judged.

I would just send in what you have now and see what happens based on that. You should be okay, my husband was making very little when he first applied and we made it through
abstractioness View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abstractioness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2010 at 10:05pm
Good point about the sponsorship being decided so soon... I suppose that if he's rejected, we can always re-submit the application with the OSAP confirmation.

We're sending photocopies of his MA degree and his letter of acceptance into the teaching program this year, so hopefully that will count towards future employability.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic