Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Skilled Worker / Independent Immigration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

authenticity of degree - CIC London

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AbuDhabi_Falcon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: authenticity of degree - CIC London
    Posted: 10 Aug 2010 at 3:47am

Hi Guys,

I have applied for Canadian immigration under FSW, NOC 0213. I have submitted complete documents in Feb, 2010 and today received a letter requesting following documents:

"a) Educational credentials and all corresponding Mark sheet and documents.

Principle applicant: Original all Certificate and Mark Sheet.

b) Other Please be advised that we have some concern about authenticity of your degree. You should submit the original document along with any other documents to demonstrate that they are in fact genuine. Please note that verification from University is not usually regarded as proof of authenticity unless posted directly to us, and even then we will not always accept them

."

I am planning to send them all my Mark Sheets/ Transcripts, Degrees and Certificates in original.

Please advise what else I should send to get through this stage.

AbuDhabi_Falcon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AbuDhabi_Falcon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2010 at 4:29pm
I am confused bcz of this clause,

Other Please be advised that we have some concern about authenticity of your degree. You should submit the original document along with any other documents to demonstrate that they are in fact genuine. Please note that verification from University is not usually regarded as proof of authenticity unless posted directly to us, and even then we will not always accept them.

Do I need to verify my Original docs (Degree, Certificates and Transcript) from somewhere?..  Roll Eyes

can2k9 View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote can2k9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2010 at 4:37pm
do what they ask. there are many cases from india guys submit fake degrees. could you ask your university registrar to put the degrees in an university envelope and post it directly to CIC? if you cant do then send them directly as see what they do? that only you could do.

in canada too they (IQAS in alberta) want degrees to be sent directly by the university for getting academic credentials for equivalency. it is very difficult for the guys living in canada to do that.
mapry2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mapry2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2010 at 4:44pm
You do not have to do any authentication of your degree at this moment. CIC follow the NARIC standard to find out the authentication of your degree. So just submit the original and wait for the CIC.
can2k9 View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote can2k9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2010 at 4:45pm
marpy where dou live buddy?
mapry2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mapry2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2010 at 4:51pm
I live in Montreal, Canada .
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic