Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

filling in forms

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hguilding Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: filling in forms
    Posted: 04 Aug 2010 at 2:48pm
this may sound like a stupid question but we just don't want to fill in anything wrong but...
on the application to sponsor form under question 10 it asks you to tick if you are are a canadian citizen then put the date you became a citizen.

now my husband ia canadaian by birth, so would he just put his birth date in here. Would we then tick yes or no for being a permanment resident or just leave that blank? and would we tick no for his claim to citizenship being by decent as it was by birth?

please help Smile
eastcoastgirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eastcoastgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2010 at 3:11pm
I put my birthdate for that question because I am Canadian by birth in Canada.  He is not a permanent resident so tick no for that question (because he didn't immigrate to Canada and become a permanent resident), and I think for the last question he woud indeed tick no for claim to citizenship being by decent.  Hope this helps and I am sure others will also have more info to add.  Good luck with your application.
06/22/09:Married in Santo Domingo
04/22/10:Application received in Mississauga.
06/01/10:Approved to sponsor
07/16/10:In process (can finally log on e-cas on 21st)
07/30/10:AOR rec'd in mail
hguilding View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hguilding Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2010 at 4:10pm
thanks! i thought that would be the right way to do it but i just wanted to be sure
sami55 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sami55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2010 at 4:24pm
good luck
well wishes
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic