Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canadian Employment / Jobs > Canada Job Topics
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Wanting to sponsor husband on Family Class from In
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wanting to sponsor husband on Family Class from In

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hannah12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wanting to sponsor husband on Family Class from In
    Posted: 04 Aug 2010 at 9:52am

I am a Canadian citizen currently residing & working in India. My husband (an Indian citizen) and I plan to move to Canada. I will sponsor him through the family class PR process. Before planning to shift there, we thought we would visit Canada for an exploratory trip, spend a few weeks there and understand the job opportunities, etc. before planning to move. We applied for my husband's tourist visa this month. However, it was rejected and now our plan is on hold.

Can anyone advise me on how to proceed now? Can we apply once again right away for his Tourist Visa? Will this visa rejection affect his PR application?

Also, I have reviewed the Immigration website and all the forms for Sponsoring class. For those not living in Canada, we need to prove our intentions to move back once our sponsored applicant gets his PR status. So, does this mean I must be in Canada, secure a job and show a rental agreement, and then put in the application? Is there any way to go about this without me & my husband being apart during the application process?

Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

sami55 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sami55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2010 at 4:47pm
Namaste
First of all Good luck on your future plans. we hope you will be very happy and successful.

THERE IS A BIG section on "family class' forum on this site. have a look there.
some people have commented on similar experiences there

Also why was your partner rejected? dont worry there are also measures to over come inadmissibility.

sorry cant be of more help
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic